What you'll need: loads of Post-it® notes, a pen and a Lang-8 account/native speaker
1) Walk around the house and think about the simple, menial things you do everyday at home: look in the mirror, brush your teeth, open the door etc.
2) Pick a handful of them and write down phrases (in your native language) based on the action that you do. Note: we're not looking for single words here. We need complete phrases with the verb and noun together: mirror look in the mirror. You could stretch it even further by writing a complete sentence: I'm looking in the mirror.
3) Translate them into your target language and have the phrases checked by a native speaker or on website Lang-8.
4) Transfer them onto Post-it® notes and stick them in the place that they describe
5) Get on with your life and integrate the language into your routine. Every time you look in the mirror, say the phrase that goes with it.
6) When you know them really well, replace the notes with English ones. Then test yourself each time you see it: “How do you say ‘look in the mirror'“?
Please Like this post on Facebook or send out a Tweet if you found it useful!